Here at Laser Perfection we offer VI Peel Body. It is the first and ONLY professional-grade body peel safe for all skin types, tones and textures- it’s a Peel for Every Body! First-of-its-kind, non-invasive, and pain-free. VI Peel Body treatments stimulate anti-aging collagen to increase cellular turnover. Help target troubled areas and reveal smoother, more radiant skin in just one treatment. It’s specifically designed to reduce pigmentation, clear body acne, fade surgical scars, and smooth away stretch marks.
What Conditions can VI Peel Body Treat?
- Post- Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Acne Scarring
- Anti Aging
- Stretch Marks
- Xerosis (Dry Skin)
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Keratosis Pilaris
- Tinea Versicolor
What Areas can be Treated?
Safe for all body parts. Treatment areas categorized by size small/medium or large. Only 2 sm/med areas or one large can be treated per 48 hours timeframe.
How many Treatments will I need?
Patients will typically see change with one VI Peel Body, but a series of 3 treatments may be needed to provide most optimal correction to the skin.
The body’s cell turnover is much slower than that of the face. With this physiologic difference, patients will experience a slightly longer post-peel phase. Most patients experience peeling on the body beginning on day 4-7 and lasting anywhere from 4-7 days. With this understanding, body peels are scheduled every 4-8 weeks.
Does it hurt?
The body has a much lower pain response than the face. VI Peel Body is virtually painless on application. Patients generally describe the sensation as an “icy-hot” feeling but do not consider it pain.
What to Expect for the Treatment
- Step 1: Cleanse the skin with a cellulose sponge for a more thorough cleanse.
- Step 2: Degrease with Peel Prep Towelette/ additional acetone may be used if required.
- Step 3: Apply VI Peel solution with light to medium pressure, waiting 3-5 minutes between layers to observe skin response. Typically, 3-4 layers are needed.
- Step 4: Endpoint, full dose of VI Peel Body solution or clinical endpoints reached.
The skin on our bodies differs anatomically from that of our face. From epidermal thickness to overall healing time. VI Peel Body was formulated to specifically tackle the skin on the body. It contains a dual action formula to quickly penetrate the thicker stratum corneum via the AHA’s, while simultaneously penetrating deeper with TCA and Phenol.
VI Peel Body is self-neutralizing. Avoid all topical products or washing for 4 hours post peel application. Expedite peeling by using Retinoic Serum at the 4 Hour mark. The body has a much slower cellular turnover than the face. To combat the sluggish skin, VI Peel Body’s aftercare regimen speeds tup the desquamation process with twice daily use of Retinoic Serum, morning and evening until peeling begins. Then it must be discontinued.
• Peeling typically begins on Days 4-7 but can be longer. On subsequent peels when CRF has improved, peeling will begin and complete quicker.
• Peeling typically lasts for 3-5 days but can be longer for patients who are over 50 years old or who did not use the Retinoic Serum as directed.
• For Hand Peeling, you will be provided with gloves to wear as a reminder not to wash off peel for the first 4 hours.
How much visible peeling should I expect?
Like most treatment experiences, level of visible peeling will vary 100% from patient to patient. External factors will play a role in the amount of visible peeling patients experience. Clothing is a key external factor with body peeling and due to the mechanical nature of clothing on our skin we expect a certain amount of desquamation to occur onto our clothing producing less visible peeling than with the face.
In general, 1/3 of patients will see sheet peeling, 1/3 will see light to heavy flaking, 1/3 will have peeling on the cellular level. The amount of visible peeling is a part of the experience but does not determine the level of improvements to the skin condition.
Before and After
About VI Peel Body
VI Peel Body’s combination of AHA’s with deeper penetrating acids creates a stronger peel to specifically target the skin on the body. It contains a unique blend of ingredients that combine AHA’s, TCA, and Conditioning Agents to drive patient outcomes while maintaining overall skin health. The proprietary blend of acids and conditioning agents contains the following ingredients each under a 15% concentration.
Superficial function with use of AHAs
- Glycolic Acid has a small molecular structure that allows for rapid epidermal penetration, bypassing the thicker stratum corneum on the body. Glycolic Acid paves the way for additional acids to penetrate deeper.
- Lactic Acid provides gentle smoothing via exfoliation hydrates, lightens pigment and firms.
- Mandelic Acid has a larger molecule that penetrates slower. It aids in sebum reduction and pigment suppression. This key acid reduces the overproduction of melanin to even tone and brighten.
Deeper functioning with core acids
- Trichloroacetic Acid drives the depth of the blend and addresses nearly every condition along its path: texture, pigment, acne, and wrinkles.
- Phenol acts as an anesthetic while mimicking TCA functionality. Anti-inflammatory support
- Allantoin is a moisturizing agent that aids in cell renewal and wound healing to combat delays in healing and shortens the healing time post-peel.
- Aloe Vera offers anti-inflammatory properties and has a cooling capacity to further improve patient comfort.
The of VI Peel Body is between pH 1.0-2.0. With a low pH, VI Peel Body’s bioavailable ingredients effectively penetrate the superficial epidermal layers to drive the formula into the dermis.